Carer friendly employers
There are currently approximately 5 million people in the UK who are juggling caring responsibilities with work – that’s 1 in 7 of the workforce.
Across the UK approximately 600 working carers give up work each day to care full time.
By engaging with employers we aim to reduce the number of people giving up work each day across Devon by building a positive and inclusive workplace for staff who are, or will become, unpaid carers.
What are the benefits of becoming carer friendly?
- Attracting and retaining staff.
- Reducing stress, sick leave and absenteeism.
- Reducing recruitment and training costs.
- Increasing resilience and productivity.
- Improving service delivery.
- Producing cost savings.
- Improving people management, staff morale and loyalty.
- More effective team working.
For working carers
- Financial stability and independence.
- Social interaction.
- Reduced levels of stress and exhaustion.
- Improved sense of wellbeing.
- Supported and valued by their employer and colleagues.
- More confident to discuss their caring role with others.
- More able to continue with dual role of caring and working.